Bees are brilliant! Without them pollinating with their big bottoms we wouldn’t have most of our flowers, fruit and veg. They also make sweet sweet honey which is super delicious, especially on toast! Create this Busy Buzzy Bee with its flappy wings, perfect to fly around the garden doing important jobs.
YOU WILL NEED
Parchment paper or tracing paper (A3 size approx.)
Corrugated cardboard (A3 size approx.)
1 x Pipe cleaner
1. Take your sheet of parchment or tracing paper and fold in half.
2. Draw a wing shape and cut out to make two.
3. Paint white spots on both sides of the wings letting them dry in between.
4. Take your cardboard box, draw an oval shape and cut out. Cut a second oval shape using the first as a template so they are the same size.
5. Paint the oval pieces white on one side. Let dry. Paint on top with black and yellow stripes. Let dry.
6. Fold your pipe cleaned in half and on the unpainted side of one of the oval pieces stick in place with tape to make two antennae.
7. Stick your wings to the same piece of card.
8. Cover the rest of the card with glue and stick the second oval cardboard piece on top, painted side up. Let dry.
9. Twirl the very tops of the antennae, then buzzzzzzzzz about and find some flowers!